It's Foodie Friday! Let's start with these no-bake cereal bars.
I got overly excited in the cereal aisle a few weeks ago and accidentally bought plain organic o's instead of the honey nut ones. So rather than tossing a whole box of bland cereal, I decided to whip up these bars and I am so glad I did!
These cereal bars are delicious and could not be easier to make.
This recipe makes 12, so I put a few out and froze the rest. Great for breakfast or a snack!
No-Bake Cereal Bars
(makes 12 bars)
- 6 cups plain whole grain cereal (I used Organic O's from HEB)
- 1 cup dried fruit of your choice (I used raisins and dates)
- 1 cup unsalted nuts of your choice (I used mixed nuts)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix together the cereal, dried fruit, and nuts.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the coconut oil, sugar, and honey and cook over medium heat. Bring to a rolling boil and keep whisking for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour sauce over cereal mixture and toss to combine.
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil and pour mixture into pan.
- Press down firmly into pan to set the bars.
- Allow bars to cool completey before cutting, or place pan in the refrigerator to cool.
- Remove bars from pan by pulling up the foil and cut into 12 bars.
Ok, next up is this Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!
I am 100% addicted to sugar in general, but mainly ice cream.
I have seen this "banana ice cream" trend pop up all over the blogging world and am embarrassed that it took me this long to try it. You guys...this is SO good.
I was very skeptical, but this legitimately tastes like a frosty. I strongly encourage you to make it if you have a giant sweet tooth like me but want something a little healthier because you eat sweets every day of your life.
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
(makes 1 serving)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp almond milk (add more for a creamier texture)
- 1 Tbsp almond or peanut butter (optional)
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Blend together banana, cocoa powder, almond milk, and nut butter until creamy.
- Stir or blend in chocolate chips. I blended them in so there were little chocolate pieces in every bite :)
Happy Friday, loves! Enjoy!