So....I made doozie's again.
I don't know what it is about these wonderful little cookie burgers that make me over-the-top happy.
It's getting bad though, guys.
I think I've made doozies every Sunday morning for the past two months.
My running has gone up exponentially.
But how can one resist not only a doozie, but a RAINBOW doozie?!?!
My breath catches everytime I see rainbow sprinkles.
I was recently shopping at Williams-Sonoma and there was a gloriously HUGE basket of sprinkles on clearance for eighty cents each!!! WS sprinkles are typically $11 a pop, so this was absolutely my lucky day. So I loaded up...and now my pantry currently consists of cereal, peanut butter, and sprinkles...and that's pretty much it.
Make these and have the happiest Sunday ever!
YOU ARE LOVED!!!
Rainbow Cookie Burgers
(makes 10 large doozies)
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix flour mixture into butter mixture until barely combined.
- Stir sprinkles into batter.
- Cover and chill dough for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place large spoonfuls of batter onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies start to turn barely golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool and prepare frosting.
- Beat butter in mixer until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar to butter and mix.
- While mixing, add milk and vanilla and beat until smooth and spreadable.
- Place a dollop of frosting on cooled cookies, sandwich with a second cookie, and press down until frosting starts to barely squeeze out the sides.
- Roll the edges of the doozies in sprinkles and serve!