Well HELLOOOO there! I know. I've been M.I.A. for 9 whole days. Crazy pants. I hated it. I missed you guys. I took a few days off to catch up on life. I apologize.
Lets begin this post with what I ate today, because that is fun, right? Food is oh so fun.
Working backwards, dinner began with a big 'ole salad of romaine, cherry tomatoes, carrots, sliced cucumber (from my friend's garden!!), and topped with organic honey dijon dressing.
Main course was my Greek Chicken Pasta, and it is soooo delicious. Easy too! And mysterious!
Why mysterious, you ask? Because the chicken looks like tuna and there is zero sauce involved, but it is still somehow moist. See, myysssteeaaarrrriioouusss.
Greek Chicken Pasta
- 1 package whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1/2 chopped sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed, not dried)
- 4 cups shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- lemon zest of 1 small lemon
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute shallot until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the cheese!) and heat thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until pasta is finished.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add skillet mixture to pasta bowl, add cheese, and toss.
Lunch was a big bowl of mixed veggies, black beans, pinto beans, and sweet potatoes. Mmmm, health food.
I washed it down with a Kit Kat. Ooooops.
And now the highlight of my day...BREAKFAST!
I ATE A WHOLE JAR OF ALMOND BUTTER FOR BREAKFAST!!!!
Just kidding. I meeeaannn, I wouldn't put that past myself, but it did not really happen...in case you were sincerely concerned.
It was overnight oats in a
half almost empty Justin's Maple Almond Butter jar.
This stuff is like crack. Not that I would know, but fo reals. Pick up a jar TOMORROW.
Forget tomorrow, go tonight. Whole Foods is way more fun at night. Goooo.
Overnight oats is equally addictive. By far my favorite breakfast.
Now time to wish my incredible sister and bro-in-law a happy happy happy one year anniversary!
I can't believe this shindig went down a whole year ago, but it was a blast and I am SO proud of you guys. I love you and I love your love! Congratulations!
Seester pic :) Look at those chompers! 5 years of braces = worth it. You should have SEEN this grill 15 years ago. Ho-ly smokes.
Happy Monday! Have a fantabulous week!!!