Well, it happened.
I caught the bug that is going around.
Despite my germaphobia, I am a sneezing, coughing, stuffy headed mess. Bleh.
However, I could still taste this delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Muffin for breakfast this morning, which was a lovely surprise!
Lunch included this pretty little duo...Crofters and Chia Charger!
I am IN LOVE with this nut butter. The texture of the chia seeds with the creaminess of the butter is perfection. I love how there are still chunks of peanuts in there, too. Yum yum.
With a glass of Whole Foods freshly squeezed OJ for some Vitamin C, and salt and vinegar chips for Vitamin D-lish.
Caramel Delight Samoa and Thin Mint for dessert.
I may or may not have gone back for wwuuunnnn more Thin Mint. Nom.
After a long...long...long...freaking long day of coughing on calculators and staring at spreadsheets in a total daze, I came home and whipped up a batch of Butternut Mushroom Spaghetti with Quinoa Noodles!
I roasted the butternut yesterday, which made assembly super easy. Just throw it all in and eat!
Quinoa pasta is definitely the closest in texture to regular pasta. I love brown rice pasta also, but it tends to be a bit slimier after cooking. Just in case you needed a replacement!
My dietary needs do not call for gluten-free pasta, I just like to try different kinds :)
Make this and love your life!
Butternut Mushroom Spaghetti with Quinoa Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium butternut squash-peeled, cubed, drizzled with olive oil, seasoned (salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme!), and baked at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 1 large jar organic tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 package quinoa pasta, prepared according to package directions
- crumbled goat cheese, for topping
- mixed veggies (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add mushrooms and saute until they start to soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients (excluding pasta, goat cheese, and veggies), bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer (stirring occasionally), until heated thoroughly.
- Serve on top of pasta (and veggies, if desired) and sprinkle with goat cheese.