I have an insane love for almond butter, but for some reason, it never occurred to me to make my own until recently.
While shopping with a friend at Trader Joe's last Friday, I decided to pick up a big bag of almonds and go for it.
Talk about easy and SO customizable!
I put raisins and cinnamon in mine, but possibilities are endless!
I probably should have processed mine for a longer time, because it turned out a little bit more crumbly than I was hoping, but the taste was amazing. Something about freshly ground almond butter makes me the happiest girl on the block.
I think I am going to add coconut and dark chocolate next time.
Or maybe dried cranberries, white chocolate, and vanilla??
This is going to get out of hand very quickly.
Cinnamon Raisin Almond Butter
- 4 cups dry roasted, unsalted whole almonds
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place almonds in a large food processor and process until it becomes a "butter" consistency. (This may take up to 10 minutes. Almonds will be dry and mealy at first until the oils are released. You will want to keep the food processor running continuously until these oils are released and the buttery texture starts to form.)
- While the food processor is still running, pour in oil and continue to process until spreadable.
- Stir in raisins, salt, and cinnamon.
- Store in refrigerator or at room temp.
Makes ~ 4 cups