The hubs requested gnocchi for dinner this week, which is rare.
He normally just goes on faith in regards to what I am making for dinner every night.
What a man.
So I take requests, or hints of any kind, very seriously :)
I made a super simple Lemon Gnocchi last night that totally hit the spot.
'Twas a great suggestion by the Mr.
Lemon Gnocchi with Shrimp & Broccoli
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 package spinach gnocchi, prepared according to package directions
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled feta, for topping
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add broccoli, shrimp, and garlic to the skillet and saute until broccoli it tender and shrimp are opaque.
- Add tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, prepared gnocchi, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Heat thoroughly over medium heat.
- Top with feta and serve.
Now lets talk about yesterday's breakfast.
I sincerely love overnight oats and usually add flax seeds to mine, but I have recently been adding chia seeds instead and holy texture, Batman.
Chia seeds have a "binding" component to them when added to any liquid substance. I make chia "eggs" a lot when baking for my vegan friends (1 Tbsp chia seeds, 3 Tbsp water, let it sit for 10 minutes, then add to batter just like you would an egg).
Chia eggs bind just as well as eggs do when baking, but it never occurred to me to add them to overnight oats!
I added 1/3 cup raw oats, 1 container vanilla Oikos, 1/3 cup almond milk, dried bluberries, chia seeds, and cinnamon to this almost empty almond butter jar.
Happy Wednesday! I hope you are having an amazing one! You are loved!!!