This past Sunday was one of my friend's birthday and I FORGOT to tell her happy birthday.
Now, being the HUGE birthday person that I am, this is very unusual for me. So, in the effort to redeem my belated "Happy Birthday", I made these Caramel S'more Bars for her...while asking for her forgiveness :)
I had a feeling that these were going to be good, but whoa.
You could probably receive forgiveness for ANYTHING if you brought these bars with you while asking.
Caramel+Chocolate+Nuts+Marshmallows+Graham Cracker Crust = Forgiven
Make these! So delicious.
Caramel S'more Nut Bars
- 2 1/4 cups honey flavored graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 13 jumbo marshmallows, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 36 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and butter together until thoroughly combined.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, place chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl. Drizzle honey over the top of chocolate chips.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream over medium heat until barely boiling.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Once chocolate starts to melt, whisk until completely smooth.
- Fold 1/2 cup peanuts and marshmallows into chocolate. Pour over crust.
- Place vanilla caramels and remaining 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream in saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir until caramels are completely melted and smooth.
- Stir 1 cup peanuts into caramel.
- Pour over chocolate layer.
- Cover baking dish with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or freeze for 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve!
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.