You may remember the pizzas that I made last week: Butternut BBQ Chicken & Broccoli Chicken Alfredo!
I had some chicken, broccoli, and roasted butternut squash left over from those pizzas that I froze for a later use.
Well, last night was the night to bust out those frozen leftovers for a delicious pasta!
It was definitely a "throw in whatever looks good" kind of pasta, but it actually turned out AWESOME!
Paired with a simple salad for some GREENS!
I topped my portion of pasta with goat cheese, the hubs with fresh grated Parmesan.
He's not a big fan of goat or gorgonzola cheese. I, however, want to buy a goat just so I can have these at my personal disposal. A girl can only dream.
And apologies for my sloppy pasta-plating (or bowling, I should say) skills. I was in a mad rush to eat my melty goat cheese butternut pasta...nom.
Ok, so let's talk about something not so nutritious...Oreos.
I feel like this is a safe place and I feel the need to confess.
I only used two rows of these bad boys for my insane Oreo Brownies with a Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirl.
At the time, I thought "Oh, I'll use the other row for some other baked good that I'll end up giving away or bringing to work."
I have been eating these straight from the package at all hours of the day (yes, even right after breakfast) unashamedly. I won't even give myself time to pour a glass of milk before I start digging right in. I just stand there...in my pantry doorway...eating Oreos.
Probably .01% of my daily food intake comes from a package and is usually in the form of a protein bar, but all of that changed once this mean, addictive blue package filled with processed goodness came into my life.
I won't even look at the ingredients list due to my blissful ignorance.
Ahhh, ok, I just needed to share that.
Thanks for listening and hopefully understanding that I will continue to be an Oreo eating cookie monster until every last cookie in this package is gone and in my belly.
I love Oreos. I hate Oreos. I love Oreos. I hate Oreos.
Make this pasta! And don't become an Oreo addict like me! It's a gateway cookie and will only lead to more hardcore pre-packaged cookies!!!
Butternut Linguine Pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 jar Classico Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 package whole wheat linguine pasta
- Crumbled goat cheese, for topping
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until garlic is fragrant and onion is translucent.
- Add butternut, broccoli, chicken, chicken broth, pasta sauce, and seasonings to skillet.
- Stir around, bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer (medium-low heat).
- While the sauce simmers, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Season pasta water with a large pinch of salt and cook pasta until al dente.
- Once pasta is cooked, place in a large bowl and toss with sauce until pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with goat cheese crumbles (or Parmesan cheese).