These cookies have been my go-to dessert for some time now. They are so easy, especially when made into bars, and always a hit at get-togethers! I have a serious love for butterscotch, and chocolate...and cookies, so these are definitely one of my favorites. Golden brown and crispy on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside, mmm, so good! These can be stored at room temperature in a airtight container, but I like to heat them up in the microwave for 20 seconds and top with vanilla ice cream or just eat them by themselves. Either way, satisfaction guaranteed.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Butter and flour a 9x13 baking dish
- Using an electric mixer, whip softened butter in a large bowl for 30 seconds or until creamy.
- Add sugars and beat until barely combined
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly in between each addition
- Mix in vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, barely mixting in between each addition (You don't want to over mix the flour because the cookies will not stay soft after baking. Just mix until a few spots of flour remain.)
- Fold in chocolate & butterscotch chips.
- Pour dough into baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk or a large scoop of vanilla ice cream!!!
*If making cookies, place tablespoon-sized dough balls on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown around the edges and on top.