This is not the best picture of french toast, I KNOW. It looks more like pork tenderloin in a pool of grease, bleh! However, I decided to make Peanut Butter French Toast this morning and it was too good not to post, despite the fact that this picture is sub-par and looks like a grease pig on a plate... It's french toast in syrup people!!! And its really really really good and super easy.
Peanut Butter French Toast
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (I use Rudis Organic Whole Wheat, it's amazing.)
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter (I only had Peter Pan Honey Roasted. It's not the best thing for you, but it tastes incredible.)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Cinnamon for sprinkling
- Make two peanut butter sandwiches (1 Tbsp of peanut butter per sandwich).
- Beat eggs and vanilla together.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- While butter is melting, dip peanut butter sandwiches in egg mixture, coating entirely.
- Place sandwiches in the skillet and cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until each side it golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and transfer to plate.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and pour warm maple syrup over the top.
* Bananas are a great addition to this! You can put fresh sliced bananas on top, cook them in the butter with the toast, or put them inside of the sandwich before dipping in the egg mixture.